Welcome to Galaxy Australia
- to bring Australian Galaxy users and administrators closer together
- to identify and address the needs of the community
- to encourage interaction and collaboration.
Providing an information hub for
- delivering Australian-based Galaxy training courses
- presenting Australian-based talks involving Galaxy
- collating the locations of Australian Galaxy servers
- networking opportunities for Australian Galaxy users/administrators.
Galaxy Australasia Meeting 2017 (GAMe 2017)
One of our first activities is to organise the Galaxy Australasia Meeting 2017 (GAMe 2017), being held in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3-9 February. GAMe 2017 features a day of life science researcher training, a two-day conference, and a four day workshop on how to administer Galaxy instances.
The establishment of Galaxy Australia is supported by the EMBL Australia Bioinformatics Resource (EMBL-ABR) in its appointed role supporting the development of skills and training in the Australian life science research community. At the EMBL-ABR Hub, hosted at the Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative (VLSCI), Galaxy is used extensively for teaching and data analysis directly as well as through the Australian-made Genomics Virtual Laboratory. VLSCI’s expert bioinformaticians and professional staff will help promote community activities and training.
Join the conversation:
Have your say in what’s happening, and what you’d like to see more of by filling out our short survey.
Galaxy Australia has a has a Twitter feed (@GalaxyAustralia) for announcements and discussion relevant to the Australia Galaxy Community.
If you would like to keep up to date with Galaxy Australia activities via email, subscribe to the EMBL-ABR newsletter for regular updates.